There ha s bee n a cont inual loo k of expec tati on in you r eyes, and I can't en dure th at. N otes for three t ho us and roubl es were b rought into th e cou rt j ust now, an d we we re told t ha t they we re t h e s ame th at lay in the enve lope now on the t able before u s, and that the wit n ess had received them f rom Smerd yakov t he day be fore. I keep im aginin g how I 'll creep u p and set fire to t he ho use on th e sly; it must be on t he sly. ' Ah, but i t was symb ol ic,' the y'll say, 'an alle gory,' an d t h e devil knows what all! Y ou repr oach me with un beli ef; yo u se e, you say, ye t you d on 't believe. I do n' t go i nto th at myster y a nd I s hun it. Bah , and t here goes M iusov d r iving awa y in his c ar riage. His he art bur ned w ith violent anger. Here's y our fath er and y our b rother Ivan a fter hi m.